April 7th, 2022
We have an important update about school bus service for Waterloo Region District School Board (WRDSB) students.
Student Transportation Services of Waterloo Region (STSWR) is having more driver absences because of COVID-19 isolation. As a result, they will need to cancel some bus routes when driver absences cannot be covered.
Students and bus drivers are encouraged to wear face masks to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
What Happens if a School Bus Route is Cancelled?
A school bus route will be cancelled if:
- a driver is isolating due to COVID-19
- there are not enough drivers to cover the isolating driver’s routes.
If your bus route is cancelled, you can find out on the STSWR website, or through your child’s school.
Supporting Student Learning
If a school bus route is cancelled due to a COVID-19 related driver absence, you have two options:
- Learn remotely asynchronously:
- Students use their class Virtual Learning Environment (D2L or Google Classroom).
- Students may access lessons on TVO.
- Alternative transportation:
- Families may find another way for students to get to school.
Visit the STSWR website for information on bus route cancellations.