February 18th, 2021
You’re invited to take part in a series of free workshops from the Community Resource Program at Carizon. These workshops, taking place throughout February and March, aim to help you feel confident and hopeful in your parenting. There are three options to attend each workshop, so please click on the date and time that works best for you.
Free Workshop Series
Managing the Day to Day – Practical Skills
Are you finding it challenging wearing many hats and being pulled in multiple directions (parent, caregiver, employee, home-school teacher, coach, mentor, chef, cleaner, law-enforcement)? This workshop will provide you with suggestions and strategies to build harmony in your home and to help your days be less stressful.
- Monday, February 22 from 7:00pm – 8:00pm
- Wednesday, February 24 from 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Saturday, February 27 from 10:00am – 11:00am
Managing the Day to Day – Social Emotional Skills
Are there big emotions (tears, anger) or flat emotions (disengagement, depression) being expressed in your house at this time? These are challenging times and a lot of us are feeling worn down and exhausted from all this togetherness. In this workshop we will provide strategies for having conversations and building positive connections that can ease the day-to-day stress.
- Monday, March 1 from 7:00pm – 8:00pm
- Wednesday, March 3 from 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Saturday, March 6 from 10:00am – 11:00am
Is your warning light on and your battery running on empty? This pandemic has been stressful for caregivers, trying to meet the needs of the household often at the expense of yourselves. This workshop will talk about self-care strategies that are easy to implement into a busy day and help bring balance and recharge your engine.
- Monday, March 8 from 7:00pm – 8:00pm
- Wednesday, March 10 from 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Saturday, March 13 from 10:00am – 11:00am
Raising Children In An Anxious World
Are you and/or your children/teens experiencing high levels of anxiety? There are a lot of things to worry about and many restrictions that prevent us from doing the things that make us feel happy and connected. This workshop will provide strategies for calming and reducing anxiety by building resilience and coping skills.
- Monday, March 15 from 7:00pm – 8:00pm
- Wednesday, March 17 from 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Saturday, March 20 from 10:00am – 11:00am
Have questions or need more information?
Phone: 519-743-6333 Ext. 2383